On Wednesdays from Fall to Spring, from 7:00 to 8:45pm, your Awana Clubber will enjoy the exciting activities of:
- Opening Ceremony - with Sparks and Truth & Training Clubbers
- Council Time - where they hear a gospel message in a large group setting
- Game Time - with fun, enthusiastic leaders that make it exciting
- Hand Book Time - where God's Word is memorized and explained so your child will learn to apply Bible truths to their lives
New Life Church Gahanna Awana Clubs offers 3 age appropriate and creative learning environments to connect kids with Jesus and God's Word. They will be assigned to a small group with the same leader every week within their club.
The New Life Church Awana club for preschoolers is built on two premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training.
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training.
The Cubbies curriculum features two handbooks written in a fun, storybook style that appeals to preschoolers. Each section combines basic Scripture memory with parent-child activities to help a child grasp a simple biblical truth.
The Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in our preschool clubs.
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- A clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine.
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third through sixth grade boys and girls the truth of God's Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow - today.
Four handbooks of increasing difficulty teach children that life's ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third through sixth-grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read about the gospel
- Discovered the Bible's response to questions like "How does God want me to live my life?" and memorized verses to back up these answers
- Completed missions projects that help him see the world through God's eyes